So...March 2009. How long have I been away from here? Quite a bit it seems. It seems there have been some changes occurring in my life that I must share. I am no longer in homely Kansas. My wife, Cheyenne, and I now reside in Silver Spring of the Maryland chapter. We are expecting our first child in August, which they say will be the 22nd...but only the baby knows when they will truly want to emerge! Am I excited to be a first time daddy? How can ask that question and keep a straight face!? I am ELATED to become a proud member of the parental clan. I have waited for this moment for a while now. Knowing that I get to share the experience with Cheyenne, even though my part in the birthing process is small, is monumental!
At this point Chey is 17 weeks as of yesterday, and the baby's heart is beating strong. We will find out the sex in a few more weeks. We can't wait so we can start to purchase the color coordinated clothes for him or her. It's been exciting being able to buy the stroller, the pack-n-play, and other things already. It makes it all the more real that this is truly happening. COME ON AUGUST! It can't get here fast enough.
I am currently in Dialysis school...as stated in my last note from Oct2007! 2008 was a busy year...I guess. Either that or I just didn't feel like typing my thoughts. It could have been the latter...I didn't feel like doing a lot of things.
Dialysis is going good though. I am maintaining an 'A' average at this point, so CPT Ortiz can be proud! One of my soldiers from Iraq, SGT Arruda, is my classmate. She is also doing very well in class. But she is my competition as well! I hope she knows it won't be easy bringing me down! :)
We graduate in May...I will be stationed at the same hospital I am going to school at after I am done. So we are looking to stay in the D.C. area for at least another 2-4 years. After dialysis, I plan on applying for the Army Enlisted Commissioning Program. This allows persons to pursue their Registered Nurse degree over a two year period. So...we'll see how it all goes.
More to come...I promise.

No comments:
Post a Comment