Long Silence...
I know it has been a while since last I wrote, but there are many reasons why. The main reason is I wanted those that DO visit my page to read up on me to see that my last blog meant A LOT to me. CPT Ortiz was a mentor, a friend, and a confidant. She encouraged me to pursue a career in Dialysis, which I will be attending the school for in 2009. I am indebted to her for showing me the compassionate side of nursing (a side I was oblivious to until I met her).
After her death, I went through some really rough spots. I endured nightmares, increased sensitivity to loud noises (that still persists), and depression. I can't imagine the terror that those combat arms individuals face. I am not downplaying my own experiences...I just know it could have been worse.
I am anxious to come home. I have long surpassed the point in this deployment where I actually cared. It is time to leave this place. Hopefully, with the transition into Dialysis, I won't ever have to visit this sandbox again. I have a lot to look forward to when I get home. My most precious daydream is getting off that plane...and running to my wife's arms and embracing in a long awaited kiss!
When I return to Ft. Riley we will have to find somewhere to live, whether it be an apartment, townhouse, or house for lease. I am looking forward to calling somewhere home. Don't get me wrong, Jeremy(my roommate) is a nice guy and all...but...seriously, THAT ROOM IS TOO SMALL FOR THE TWO OF US!!
This has been a long year and a few months...I have seen things that I hope to never witness again. I have met people that I have developed friendships with and will continue those bonds over time. I have met people that I never want to have contact with again...part of life! I have had experiences that I wish I could delete from my existence they are so graphic...horrific...troubling. It's sad to think that more and more individuals will be subjected to this tragic stage over the years. I pray it gets better here...
I pray that the people of Iraq realize the beauty of a Democracy.
I pray that the people of Iraq choose peace, and turn their cheeks at war.
I pray that the leaders of the opposition will find their end through justice.
I pray that the Middle East will find its path through the ugliness of war.
I pray OUR LEADERS will have the wisdom to find a resolution for this region and be able to effectively put its plan into action.
I continue to pray.
20071020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I always continue to pray for you, for your health,safety,welfare, mental state, and for your faith and other things too. I am so thankful that God has brought you through this safely. I thank Him all the time...He has blessed you, with your chance to go to M3 School, and blessed us with our marriage to each other. There's always bumps somewhere in the middle of it all, but those are lessons we learn from and become better people. You have changed while you have been over there, but in a good way I believe. I love you more than anything babu. I will help you through anything that you want to talk about or discuss with me. You are my everything! XOXO! Ilove you! Your Chey
ode to a soldier
too often, we listen in silence
fearing to speak
fearing to heed
what cries loudly within our souls
fearing that if we move,
something within us
(life)
will break
in rarest moments,
there are those among us
who dare
not only to lift a finger
not only to whisper a word
but to live
and to live fully:
not merely a finger, but body and soul
not merely a word, but voice and
all the robust eloquence
of a life
given in service
ripened in sorrow
lived in sacrifice
we can call it courage
we can call it honor
its true name is love
and its foolishness to the world
is wisdom in the eyes of Eternity,
its humble gift
a treasure to receive,
its gentle works
a blessing to those it touches
its presence in you
a true privilege to behold
________________
You and your family are ever in my prayers for a safe journey home and a reunion whose joy knows no bounds.
Post a Comment