How many times does that happen?
It's not every day you come to work, expecting to find yet another ward full of patients. Honestly, you don't think anyone ever even thinks about your work other than your own family and friends. It's an unexpected surprise to show up to work and be visited by NOT ONE, but TWO United States Senators. The Honorable Mr. Biden (Delaware) and the Honorable Mrs. London (Arkansas) graced us with their presence. I was able to shake their hands, and exchange pleasantries. Mrs. London actually held a conversation with me due to the fact that I hail from Oklahoma...somehow that made us kin! I found it amusing.
Before that day, I really didn't know who they were. I couldn't have told you who was the Senator for either state. I know my own Senator...have even written a letter to him about the situation over here. No response of course. But, what else would you expect?
I can actually, truthfully say...this deployment has allowed me to meet people I otherwise would have no opportunity to meet in the states.
20070911
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
How cool is that? Oh the stories you will have to tell your children as they get older. There have been life changing experiences for you during your deployment. All of which you have been able to turn them all around for you so that you can deal with them in a positive manner. The good Lord has truely been by your side son through all of this. We love you, we're so proud of you, of what you do, and of who you are. You are the best and those Senators should have felt honored to have been able to shake YOUR hand. God bless you and all of our troops!
Your loving parents,
Dad and Mom
I am so very proud of you, baby! I think that experience is so neat!! It lets you know that there are people in the government out there who really do care what's happening over there. Like Ma said, they should truly be honored to shake your hand and chat with you. I know I would... and I am. I am honored to have a soldier, NCO and caring Husband like you! I Love you with all that I am,XOXOXOXO! Your, Chey
Post a Comment