Yet another wonderful seven days of armor bearing guard duty. It seems like just yesterday, I set my vest and helmet down, just to pick it right back up again. -SIGH-
I think I might let everyone in on a little secret that I must keep from all of you. You all know where I am...and the prospects of danger here. So it is not a surprising fact that every day is not roses and sunshine. Here is my inner workings on the whole matter:
The less you know = the less you worry
The more you knew = I guarantee the worry factor would increase
I ask only for your support, thoughts, and prayers. My thoughts are on Cheyenne...coming home...and the next chapter in life. "Until the next blog..." -taking a bow, tipping my hat-
20070107
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Everytime you don your heavy gear, when it is announced that it's your turn..YET AGAIN to pull guard duty,I feel as if I don a heavy weight on my heart. I don't like, not one bit of it. But I pray that God protects you, and I KNOW that he will. He has plans for us, and we have a future together. I love you with all that I am. I love my Soldier, and my wonderful NCO.
My Son,
I know that where you are is not the place you want to be...you are there because you love our country and want to make us safe. You are doing that. Sometimes it is not easy to see what the purpose of it all is. Someday I hope that all things big and small clear up. You and so many more of your comrades are doing so much and this country has know idea. That's the way it has been and always will be. A true warrior is never seen...only his results are seen!
We love you,
Mom and Dad
Just this morning, Dave and I talked about how Jer. 29:11 played a part in Cheyenne's growing up in our church, and we hoped she had shared that with you. In her comment, she mentions--in paraphrase--part of it.."For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not harm you, to give you a hope and a future." We pray this for both of you, and also trust God that "...no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent; for He will command His angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways..."
(Psalm 91) Know that you are loved and prayed for, and gain strength for the days in that knowledge.
We love you,
Mom & Dad in law
"Behold, I go forward, but he is not there, and backward, but I do not perceive him; on the left hand when he is working, I do not behold him; he turns to the right hand, but I do not see him.
"But he knows the way that I take; when he has tried me, I shall come out as gold. My foot has held fast to his steps; I have kept his way and have not turned aside. I have not departed from the commandment of his lips; I have treasured the words of his mouth more than my portion of food.
"But he is unchangeable, and who can turn him back? What he desires, that he does. For he will complete what he appoints for me, and many such things are in his mind."
--Job 23:8-14
I'm praying for you, James!
Courtney
Many times u have tried to convince me to join the military, and I have said no. But I just want to let u know u have been a great brother, even better than my own ( not to take away from him) but I support everything u do, and I miss ya.
Hope to see u soon. God bless man
Post a Comment