Happy New Year! I rang in 2007 on the ward here in the wonderful, as I call it, "Land of Sand". I think the highlight of the evening had to be an Iraqi patient, in what we call THE FISH BOWL, urinating all over the floor in their room. Makes you wonder what goes through someone's mind when they do something like that. It's not like he had any loss of cognitive ability! He is able to speak...maybe even yell! "HEY I GOTTA PEE!" That would get someone's attention, don't you think? But, no...just go ahead and pull your pants down and relieve yourself all over the floor next to your bed...nice.
Luckily, this didn't happen at Ft Riley! There I would have to clean up the mess. Here we have host nationals do the janitorial work for us. That's a definite bonus.
Happy New Year! I cannot believe that it is already here...2007. Amazing how time flies when you are forced to be somewhere. Sarcasm, oh how I love you.
20061231
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Oh how I wish I was with you...us together...I love you! Germany next year baby! :0) YAY!!!
It's hard to believe another year has come and gone. We all have so much to look forward to in 2007 though. The most important being you coming back to the good ole U.S.A. to your wife and family. We all miss you so very much and wish you a Happy New Year son. You are in our thoughts and prayers always.
Your loving parents always,
Dad and Mom
Post a Comment