20050821

One step forward in my military career...Soldier of the Month for August 2005. How does this apply to anyone who is reading? Honestly, it probably doesn't. But I appreciate you reading anyway! Soldier of the Month is awarded to the soldier that represents him/herself as a soldier in the United States Army better than the other candidates. Army Regulations, the Soldier's Creed, appearance, and how you carry yourself (Discipline) are all categories that are graded. If you want to take a look at the Soldier's Creed: Soldier's Creed


Now that I have proven myself with the pressure of going before the board members, my command feels comfortable sending me to the promotion board in September to see if I am eligible for my Sergeant stripes. Also, since I won SOM for August, I will be going in October for Soldier fo the Quarter and Soldier of the Year! I will keep you all posted on how that progresses...

Before I went to Soldier of the Month board, I decided to look sharp with a fresh haircut...funny story follows. Actually, not so funny. I sit down in the well-mannered older woman's barber chair. I begin to explain how I would like my hair "styled" as she encompasses my neck with tissue paper and dons the apron over me. She nods and agrees with my explanation that I want a medium fade, nothing off the top. I sit back and await the TRIM I expected. Approximately fifteen minutes goes by...she spins me around to show me the mohawk she had given me. I was quite perturbed by this. I clearly stated what I wanted, right? YOU NODDED and told me you understood! So, I look at her and calmly say, "Shave it off. Shave it all off. You disregarded everything I asked you for. And I don't think I will be paying for this haircut either." Here is the final result...






2 comments:

thegermanygirl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
thegermanygirl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.