20050811

Who has the luxury of knowing what you are born to do? It seems to be an arduous journey, searching for the path you are meant to tread. It took me 27 years to finally make my way through the labrynth, and discover what I was meant to do. Not only did I find my true calling, but I also found the answer to all my questions regarding faith, and the question that lingers on everyone's lips...

Does God exist?

Trust me, I asked more people than I would care to count about the existence of God and how did they honestly, truly believe that He/She/It existed? For a long time, I considered myself to be agnostic, because not one single person could answer my questions without sugar coating the result with "faith". It's all about faith and just believing...an answer I couldn't stomach. I needed some proof of life, so to speak. I sat down to write this blog about where life's turns have taken me, job to job, dead end to career, etc. But am driven to tell of my epiphany, if you will, as to why there is undeniably a higher being, namely God, watching over us, creating, loving, guiding...

Twenty-eight years. I had gone that long denying His existence. I had gone to church since I was 16, and thought I believed then, but was lying to myself. More importantly, lying to everyone around me and God. I joined the regular Army in November 2003 at the young age of 27, turned 28 the next month. While in school in the Army studying Nursing, one of the most intriguing subjects I have ever undertaken sparked my interest.

**The Circulation System**

This is just one of the many intricate details that make up the human body. From the small valves of the capillaries and arterioles, to the complex nerve endings inside the heart that "keep the beat". All of it adds up to a very, very, very complex individual that in no way, shape or form could have ever EVOLVED from anything. I knew when I read, studied, absorbed the information that was placed before me that something greater than I exists. Someone that created me, you, and everyone before us. Before studying the human body, I was in complete and utter denial that there was a superior being. Now I say, "God IS!"

I never expected to have a career in nursing, nor did I ever expect to have my questions anwered regarding God. I thought I was going to be a businessman that remained oblivious to any godlike worshiping, living in Nichols Hills someday with my very own idols. God had a plan for me, specifically designed for me, so I would know that He exists. He knew that was the only way to sway my stubborn mind.

If you read this and shake your head, it's your right to do so. But know this, God already knows how He will reveal Himself to you. Blessed be That Day!

3 comments:

thegermanygirl said...

I'm so glad and thankful you shared all this. I re-read "Ambivalent" recently and wondered what your current thoughts about God are. And your message to me on Chessworld last month made me wonder, too. I've been wanting to ask, but thought I should wait till you brought it up first.
I'm glad I waited. As always, you challenge me to grow and to be honest with myself. I'm sorry for whatever I might have sugar-coated in the past. Chalk it up to my own ignorance and need for growth. God's still working on me, too. :o)
I'm so thankful and excited that God is revealing his plan for your life!!!
Love ya,
C.

Mgam said...

James!
Great thoughts my man. What an amazing story. Sometimes it's so hard for me to see outside of my own little world but it's so great to read your story. It's amazing how God can reveal Himself to us. I look forward to keeping up with your blog. God Bless!

Matt

thegermanygirl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.