Sandstorm
The days are counting down...118 left I think. I can't wait to finally be home again. It seems like I have been here an eternity. I have seen too many things and endured many sleepless nights while I have been here. I think I...we ALL have earned our tours end. The word on the street is we will be pulling out of here Nov. 13th, but I won't hold my breath...only to be duped yet again by those who continually dupe.
I started off with a little info...just to talk about the sandstorm today. It happens every so often, and definitely isn't unusual for where we are in the world to have a sandstorm. I only see the end effects of it during the day though, because I work nights over here. Today as I walked to the Dining Facility, I just happened to look up and actually looked RIGHT AT the sun. It was so dusty that it formed a tint between the sun and my eyes, almost eclipse-like. It looked like a white dot amidst a sea of brown. It's not every day you can look directly at the sun, without squinting.
I will cherish the days that I am not here...it's like having a near-death experience. You don't want to let life leave you in the wake after you have been here for a year and 3 months.
20070717
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You All surely have earned your tours end. No one should see or have to go through all that the American troops have had to endure. We are all counting down the days until you are all home again, safe and sound. Your homecoming will be a celebration for us all, and one that will never be forgotten. We love and miss you so very much. Our thoughts and prayers are always with you. Love you with all of our hearts,
Dad and Mom
Post a Comment