
Recently accomplished tasks in the Army:
1.) I was promoted to Sergeant on 01Feb2006
2.) On 14Feb2006 I left for a leadership development course that is required to go for the next rank (Staff Sergeant)
3.) I graduated on the Commandant's List (Top 20% - 97.47 or higher) and I was also the recipient of the Commandant's Inspection Award**
**The Commandant, who is the individual that runs the school, inspects all the Sergeants in the class for their uniform, how well they organize their bed, locker, and surrounding areas, and also general military knowledge that pertains to being a leader. I was selected out of 298 individuals. I was pretty proud of that one!!
As far as Life's accomplishments:
1.) I will be an Uncle to a nephew in a few weeks. My brother and Amy will have their first child (a son, Landon Lewis Rutherford) near the end of April or early May. I am super-excited about that!
2.) I am still looking for a church home. I have visited a few in the surrounding area, but none are really speaking to me...or they are really creeping me out! I am not one to judge...I just don't enjoy the tongue-talking. That's just me...
3.) I have officially decided that the Army life is for me. I will be a lifer! I plan to reenlist in May2006. I know this is my calling. My mind has been played with as of late, but I know I shouldn't sway from this decision in my life.
Well, that is a little update...I mainly wanted to give Joe a break from being the only thing to read about on here. Hopefully now that I have internet I will be able to update more frequently. We'll see...

2 comments:
Post a Comment